8-Wk World Tour of Wine £95+
The 8-Week Wines of the World Tour is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine where we sample wines from all the major wine countries in the world.
It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it.
You do not have to do the eight weeks in one go, and no previous experience is needed. The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like, how to choose them and where to buy them.
Over 50 wines will be tasted.
Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £4.99 to over £25.00.
Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
Wine & Food Matching advice
Common wine faults - how to spot them
Storing & Serving wine advice
Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
Please Note: The full course fee of £175 is broken down into an initial £95 fee, payable on booking, then £10 payable on each evening. Great value - still less than £22 per evening and a SAVING £32.50 on the price of 8 evenings booked separately (i.e. one night free)!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our GWS courses and tastings. You just need to provide 7 days notice.
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK:
1. Introduction to wine: + Tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
2. Discover Australia & New Zealand: + Buying, serving, decanting and storage of wine
3. Explore Chile & Argentina: + How wine is made
4. Discover South Africa & USA: + Common wine faults
5. Grand Tour of France: All the major regions + Decoding the Label
6. Explore Spain & Portugal: + Importance of the climate and weather on Wine
7. Grand Tour of Italy: The regions + Principles of food and wine matching
8. Sparkling Wine & Champagne: + £12 fish & chip supper!
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
Professional ISO tasting glasses & tasting notes are provided for each evening.
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics - we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional. We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself and that is exactly what you will have the chance to do in our relaxed and informal setting.
This course makes the perfect gift for the wine lover in your life. Click HERE for a Gift Voucher - Valid for 2 Years.
Join us on a 2 month jaunt across the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want
Places remaining: 24
Date/Time: 15th Oct 2019 at 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Venue: DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel, Cambridge Street