8 Week Introduction to the WORLD OF WINE
Join us on a 2 month jaunt across the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you!
The World of Wine course runs one evening a week for 8 weeks, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of attending any of our other tastings and events.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting nearly 60 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
Please Note: The full course fee of £175 is broken down into an initial £95 fee, payable on booking, then £10 payable on each evening. Great value - still less than £22 per evening and a SAVING £30.00 on the price of 8 evenings booked seperately (i.e. one night free)!
The course runs for 8 consecutive Thursday's - If you cannot make an evening, not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our GWS courses and tastings. You just need to provide 7 days notice.
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Our venue for this course is DoubleTree by Hilton in Glasgow, (10 minutes walk from both the Queen Street & Glasgow Central Rail Stations). See Our Venues page for more details.
Places remaining: 13
Course Date/Time: Tue 15th Jan 2019 at 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Duration: 2 hrs
Venue: DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel, Cambridge Street