WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits Course
This in-depth and intensive course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits (formerly known as the Advance Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who already have a good working understanding of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available, but who need to refine and develop their knowledge. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Our WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits is run over 7 conecutive Tuesday sessions running from 9.00am - 5.00pm.
In addition to the 42 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time it is recomended that all students complete a total of at least 50 hours of private study, around 3 hours preparation before each session is advised.
A full layout of the course timetable and tasting plan will be issued at the start of the course to help you plan your time.
Course Starts: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Exam: Tuesday 3rd April 2018
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; 'Accounting For Style And Quality' course manual (comprehensive 250 page textbook), Study Guide, Specification Booklet and Full SAT Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts - copy of study timetable/planner incl records of each wine tasted, plus copies of all presentations/maps used in class
- All course tuition
- 2 Mock Tasting Exams and 1 Mock Written Exam, each with full, individually tutored feedback plus an optional Mock Multiple Choice to sit in your own time
- Examination Paper
- Postage & Accredited WSET Certificate and lapel badge for all those who pass
- Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
- The Course starts at 9am please arrive no later than 08.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
- There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
- Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
- There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
Study Materials: If you wish to receive your course work prior to the start of the course, the deadline for booking your place on the course is 15th February 2018.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Tue 20th Feb 2018 at 9.00am - 5.00pm
Duration: 7 Weeks X 7.5 Hours
Venue: Tennets Brewing Academy, 161 Duke Street, Glasgow, G31 1JD