Cheese and Wine Matching
Two of Lifes greatest indulgences - Wine and Cheese. And what better way to celebrates them than with an evening of some of the finest cheeses that Scotland has to offer paired with some great wines from around the globe.
We will be teaming up with one of Glasgows best Cheese Mongers - George Mewes - to bring you an evening of gastronomic delight. A great way to not only taste some wonderful combinations, but learn and understand what and why certain pairings work so well. We'll also talk about food and wine matching more generally, and you'll pick up some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
Some of Georges achievements include:
- Best New Cheese Retailer 2012 - The British Cheese Awards.
- Best Cheese Counter 2014 - The World Cheese Awards.
- Best Cheesemonger 2015 - at The Farmshop & Deli Awards
We'll try 6 different cheese and wine combinations, and while they will vary a bit from tasting to tasting, these are what we tasted last time:
- CHILDWICKBURY – Pasteurised goats milk. A delicate, moist, smooth, fresh goats cheese. Paired with: Les Charmelles Pouilly Fume
- LANGRES (AOC)- Unpasteurised cows milk from Vosgean, Montbéliarde and Holstein cows. Semi-soft, creamy, sticky and melt in the mouth. Paired with: Santolin Family Reserve Chardonnay
- FARMHOUSE DUTCH GOUDA 20-24 MONTHS – Unpasteurised cows milk with a distinctive crunch and the flavour is intense, sweet and salty with a butterscotch finish. Paired with: Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Villages
- OJOS del GUADIANA MANCHEGO, Cured (DOP)– Unpasteurised whole ewes milk from the Manchega sheep. Hard, firm, slightly dry, compact and buttery. Paired with: Hacienda Don Hernan Rioja
- ISLE of MULL CHEDDAR – Unpasteurised cows milk from predominantly Friesian cows. Semi hard, chewy and creamy. Paired with: Katnook Founders Reserve Block Cabernet Sauvignon
- STILTON COLSTON BASSETT (PDO) - Pasteurised cow’s milk. Blue, rich, buttery and full bodied. Paired with: Chateau Liot Sauternes
This course is a must for all you foodies!
All tastings include; minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, tasting sheet, and use of professional tastings glasses.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift Voucher - just send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you have booked this tasting, asking us to send it as a Gift Voucher, and we will pop one into the post 1st class for you at no extra charge. Alternatively, for an Open Dated Gift Voucher, click HERE.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 16th Apr 2019 at 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel, Cambridge Street