Saturday Introduction to World of Wine with Lunch
Join us on an 'introduction to wine' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm.
We will begin the morning session tasting 6 white wines, including Champagne as we begin to delve into the wonderful world of wine.
We break at 1.00pm for a 2-course lunch with wine in the Collage Restaurant, before completeing the afternoon session with 6 more red wines.
- Introduction to the World's major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
The tasting takes place in the DoubleTree on Cambridge Street, just a few minutes walk from both the Queen Street and the Central Rail Stations.
All our courses can be purchased as a gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Cancellation Policy: If you cannot make an evening, not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our GWS courses and tastings. You just need to provide 7 days notice.
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 27th Jul 2019 at 11.00am - 4.00pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel, Cambridge Street