WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
This in-depth and intensive course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines (formerly known as the Advance Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who already have a good working understanding of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available, but who need to refine and develop their knowledge. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: The deadline for booking your place on this course is Wednesday 1 April 2020 to ensure you receive your study course book in advance of the start of the course. Any bookings after this date up to the start of the course is no problem, but you will only receive your course material on the first day of the course.
Sunday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Sunday Courses for those who work through the week and/or Saturdays and don't wish to use holiday time to attend the course
- Sundays are especially convenient for those in the restaurant, bar or retail sectors, as this is often the quietest day of the week and easier to take time away from work
- The course takes place through the day, leaving you free to relax in the evening, ready to start work again on Monday morning!
Our WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits is run over 7 Sunday sessions running from 10.00am-5.00pm.
In addition to the 45-50 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time it is recomended that all students complete a total of at least 50 hours of private study, around 7 hours preparation before each Sunday session is advised.
A full layout of the course timetable and tasting plan will be issued at the start of the course to help you plan your time.
Course Starts: Sunday 19 April 2020
Course Finishes: Sunday 31 May 2020
The final Sunday includes a comprehensive feedback session on mock exams which you will have had have sat over the course and an opportunity to revisit and revise areas of the syllabus.
The final day also includes the exam itself, which runs over approximately 2.5 hours.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; 'Accounting For Style And Quality' course manual (comprehensive 250 page textbook), Study Guide, Specification Booklet and Full SAT Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts- copy of study timetable/planner incl records of each wine tasted, plus copies of all presentations/maps used in class
- All course tuition
- 2 Mock Tasting Exams and 1 Mock Written Exam, each with full, individually tutored feedback plus an optional Mock Multiple Choice to sit in your own time
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: your course book will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sun 19th Apr 2020 at 10.00am - 5.00pm
Duration: 7 Weeks X 7 Hours
Venue: DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel, Cambridge Street