4-week Online Wine Tasting
As the lockdown continues, and we are unable to get together, I thought we could try something a little different, so here is a great opportunity to join us online over 4 weekly one-hour sessions touring the wine regions of the world all from the comfort of your seat at home!
The idea is that we will all have a case of wine that is the same for all of us, and on each Saturday, we will all link in via a Zoom session and taste some of the wines together over an hour or so. This will be a fun get together, with each evening themed, and over the hour or so, Justin will share his knowledge and stories as he looks at a variety of wine styles from around the world - some familiar to you, some less so.
Each evening we will open and taste 3 of the same wines together. (You need only consume a sample of each and afterwards you can follow our wine preservation tips to keep left overs for another day).
How will we all be tasting the same wine?
Our friends at ‘Its Wine Time’ have put together a Special 12 bottle case which will be delivered to your door prior to the first evening at a very good price! In fact, if you join this tasting series you’ll be helping some hard-hit wine importers who now find themselves unable to shift stock intended for restaurants.
The wines selected for this case would normally sell at over £190 retail, but Andrew and his team will supply the wine at just £140 per case, and this includes delivery (and of course you only need one case between two people). Fantastic!
Simply book your space below if you wish to participate and we will send a link for ordering the wines (book a few days before Next Saturday (16th May) to allow time for delivery). We will also send joining instructions and you will be able to join via Zoom from a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone. Zoom is proving to be a very sociable medium for wine tasting so we can guarantee you'll have fun! Each session will last just over an hour.
The booking cost will be £20 - £5 per session – this is just to cover the setup costs.
On each evening, we’ll get together, and we’ll talk about the wines, the regions and countries that they came from, share a few stories, and other than that, just have a jolly good yarn over a couple of glasses of wine.
If you feel like a few nibbles to go along with the tasting, we will suggest some in the email we will send with joining instructions once you have booked.
Session dates – starting at 7pm:
- Sat 16 May: Some Summer Stunners
- Sat 23 May: Big Reds from the Southern ‘A’s (Australia, Argentina and Africa)
- Sat 30 May: What goes through a winemakers mind
- Sat 6 June: A Classic French connection
Our wines for each session will be as follows:
Week 1: Some Summer Stunners
• Spain - Duquesa Duquesa De Valladolid 2017 - £12.50 (White Wine)
• France - Domaine D'Hondrat Cuvée Elle & Lui Rosé 2018 - £16.50 (Rosé Wine)
• Spain - Lan Crianza 2015 - £13.00 (Red Wine)
Week 2: Big Reds form the Southern ‘A’s
• Australia - Ass Kisser 2017 - £12.50
• Argentina - Gauchezco Reserve Malbec 2018 - £13.00
• South Africa - Simonsig Redhill Pinotage 2016 - £20.00
Week 3: What goes through a winemakers mind
• USA Chateau Ste Michelle Dry Riesling 2018 - £14.00
• USA Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Syrah 2017 - £17.50
• USA Chateau St Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 - £17.50
Week 4: A Classic French connection
• France Sancerre Blanc Domaine Bonnard 2018 - £18.00
• France Maison Joseph Drouhin Bourgogne 2018 - £17.00
• France Chateau Montaiguillon Montagne St Emillion 2016 - £19.00
Special case price £140 incl delivery.
We are going to keep the tastings light and easy, you certainly don’t need to be a wine expert to join in, and there will be plenty of time to taste, chat and answer questions. So, if you’re bored, looking for an escape, or just looking for your new favourite wine, why not join us.
It will be very relaxed, so you can pop in or out as you want, skip sessions, it is totally up to you, but whatever you choose, it will be good fun, so hopefully we’ll see you on Zoom soon!!!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 16th May 2020 at 7.00pm
Duration: 1 hour
Venue: Online Zoom Tasting